English travel translator
ENGLISH INTERPRETATION IN TOURISM
LEVEL: ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE
MAJOR: ENGLISH INTERPRETATION IN TOURISM
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE VOLUME: 2915 HOURS
TRAINING TIME: 2,5 YEARS (5 SEMESTERS)
QUALIFICATION AFTER GRADUATION: BACHELOR OF PRACTICE
1. General introduction regarding English Interpretation in Tourism major
This is the major that trains a source of employees with proficient English communication skills, entering the workforce in various positions in hotels and resorts; concurrently with the ability to work in travel agencies.
The major of English Interpretation in Tourism focuses on training the foreign language (English) for college students in order to meet the communication demands at the workplace, ensuring that after graduation, students shall be able to undertake various kinds of jobs such as: receptionists, F&B service staff and employees working in travel agencies.
It provides learners with professional skills in the above job positions, especially languages skills training and communication skills with the aim of ensuring the efficiency and quality of services in the workplace.
2. Regarding knowledge
a. Basic knowledge
Identifying basic knowledge in politics, laws and culture-society, Informatics, National Defense – Security Education.
b. Basic and advanced professional knowledge
- The major is designed with the aim of selecting additional subjects related to Tourism sector such as: Introduction to Tourism, Psychology and Communication Skills, Service Management, Culinary Culture, Food and Nutrition, Quantity and Menu, Tourism Marketing, Payment Operation, Historical sites and famous landscapes system of Vietnam, Vietnamese Culture, Vietnam Tourism Geography, Event Planning, World’s Civilization History, Vietnam History Progress, Ethnic Groups of Vietnam;
- Analyzing basic professional knowledge such as: receptionist, F&B services and travel services.
- Understanding basic knowledge regarding English Communication and specialized English to serve the job requirements.
- Applying four skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Phonetics, Translation, English in Hotel, Restaurant and Travel
- Strictly complying with the procedures in serving customers in English and Vietnamese at the Reception, Restaurant and Travel Operation Departments at Travel Agencies.
4. Level of self-awareness and self-responsibility
- Having the passion for the job; having a sense of discipline, industrial manners and a high sense of responsibilities in the job. Being honest, actively overcoming difficulties in the job. Being able to work independently as well as in a team. Being agile, meticulous, careful and unbiased.
- Respecting customers, taking care of them and having the ability to persuade customers
- Cooperating with colleagues and partners
- Having the ability to update knowledge and being creative at work
5. Job positions after graduation
After graduating with the degree of associate, students shall be able to undertake the following job positions:
- Receptionists; F&B service staff at hotels or resorts from 1 to 5 stars
- Travel staff at Travel agencies and companies
6. Capability regarding learning and enhancing professional knowledge and skills
Having the potential for development and the adaptability, concurrently having the ability to transfer into higher level.
7. Training time
Duration: 2.5 years divided into 5 semesters, including 2 field trips/ internships at tourism businesses from 3 – 4 months. This creates conditions for students to work at enterprises as real employees.
8. Successful former students